If you are a young person or a parent or carer of a child or young person with complex or enhanced needs your School Nurse can support you or help you get the appropriate support you need.

The School Nurse may contribute to your Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP) and attend meetings with other professionals that support you so that you can achieve your goals.

Complex or enhanced needs may include any of the following:

  • You may be ill
  • You may have a disability
  • You may have a complex or long-term health need
  • You may have special educational needs
  • You may have a mental health problem

Health visitors and Family Health Nurses, sometimes known as School Nurses, continue to help you whether you attend a school or not and will support children and young people from birth up until they are 25 if they have a SEND. You can ask your Health visitor or School Nurse for help and advice on anything to do with or your child’s health – whether you’re worrying about your health and development, beginning school or just need someone to talk to.

Your growing healthy team work very closely with colleagues in the local authority to make sure your child or young person’s needs are met.

Does your child experience challenges with sleep?

  • Are they between the ages of 2½ and 18?
  • Have they been identified by a professional as having an additional health or development need?

If you answered yes to those questions, then the Tees Valley Sleep Services is here to support you. Using a tiered approach we can provide telephone support and resources, sleep workshops and bespoke 1:1 sleep assessments.

For more information, please contact The Family Support Team

01642 531248

or email sleepservice@daisychainproject.co.uk

OR Your local 0 to 19 Service or Health Visiting/School Nursing Team.

Find out more

Visit Website